HomeSportsEddie Hearn: Nobody can stop Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua fight from happening

Eddie Hearn: Nobody can stop Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua fight from happening


Promoter Eddie Hearn said “no-one can pull out” of the proposed fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Fury claimed on Friday that the fight was unlikely to happen, but Hearn, who represents Joshua, stated the fight will go ahead.

“We’ve signed the contract, we’re waiting for a date. You saw Tyson Fury shouting and screaming … there’s nothing to shout and scream about, the fight’s done,” Hearn told DAZN.

“The fight’s signed. No-one can pull out of the fight. You can’t just pull out of a contract.

“There’s no suggestion that the fight’s not happening, no-one can stop this fight from happening. The only way it can stop from happening is if they actually breach the contract.”

Fury and Joshua had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history.

Joshua and his promoter Hearn have signed a contract for it to be staged in the United Kingdom, while Saudi organisers Sela are pushing for a move to the United States.

Joshua and Fury have separate contracts with Sela. New York’s Madison Square Garden is understood to be Sela’s preference so that the fight – which will be broadcast on Netflix – can cater for American audiences.

“We know everybody and his dog involved in the fight wants to do the fight in America. We don’t,” added Hearn.

“We’ve told Sela and the team ‘if you want to do it in America, these are the terms that we can move forward with. But we’d rather not please’.”



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments